What is PRP (Platelet rich plasma)?
First of all, Platelet Rich Plasma (aka The Vampire Facial) is best known for its use in dentistry, reconstructive surgery and orthopedic medicine. Today however, in addition it is used in other branches of medicine including dermatology, cosmetic facial rejuvenation and skin wound healing.
Scientific studies ever since have proven that PRP generates new collagen when infused into the skin. Furthermore, recent studies reveal that PRP can ease sun damage as well as aging skin problems.
The high platelet concentration:
- Stimulates the growth of new collagen
- Revitalises the skin tissues
- Smoothes and firms the skin
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Improves the skins tone and texture
- Skin tone and texture
- Fine lines and sagging skin around the eyes, neck, and mouth
- General rejuvenation
- Puffiness and dark circles below your eyes
PRP is a natural product from your own body.
- A sample of blood is taken from the patient
- The blood sample is inserted into a centrifuge machine
- The centrifuge uniquely separates the blood constituents in order to concentrate the stem cells, growth factors and platelets
- Now separated, this high concentration of platelets and growth factors is referred to as Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
What are the risks?
There is no risk of reaction as it is using your own blood, bruising and swelling are the only possible side effects. The treatment is carried out by a trained medical professional, using clean and safe equipment in a medical environment.
How much does it cost?
How to book your ‘Vampire Facial’
If you would like to book this treatment plesae contact us on 01792 202022. Alternatively, please book a consultation where we can discuss your concerns and desires to establish the most appropriate treatment plan. Book a consultation here
Vampire Facial in the news
Many of you would have read about “The Vampire Facial” in the news as Kim Kardashian had the treatment, followed by The Only Way is Essex star Ferne McCann back in February 2016
Read about the reality star’s experience of The Vampire Facial on the Daily Mail website: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3443910/Ferne-McCann-pictured-bright-red-face-having-VAMPIRE-facial-just-like-Kim-Kardashian.html
Or watch Kim Kardashian’s experience as aired on American television back in 2013